Thursday, February 19, 2015

DECEPTION Trail News - Small Trail CLOSURE

DECEPTION Trail News - Please take a moment to read:
PLEASE READ THIS THROUGH - Trail west of Dave's Ditch is to be CLOSED!

I met with the county today. This was my "pre-meeting" to discuss what we're going to discuss and propose to the county commissioner and county court. BCB, ARR, Wilco P&R are schedule to meet with Lisa Birkman:
http://www.wilco.org/CountyDepartments/Commissioners/Precinct1/tabid/921/language/en-US/Default.aspx
Williamson County Jester Annex
Lisa Birkman
Commissioner Precinct One
1801 East Old Settlers Blvd.
Suite  #110
Round Rock, TX 78664
Phone: (512) 244-8610
lbirkman@wilco.org

(yes, I put that out there intentionally in the event you want to let her know you support the trails and want to see more)

This is not a big loss and in the grand scheme of things we lose a fraction of the trail. I negotiated to keep Rim Job and Dave's Ditch.

The small portion of the trail that is West of Dave's Ditch, between the ditch and 183A MUST BE CLOSED. Rim Job to Dave's and back up to Rim Job still leaves a complete loop. I will not go into the reasons of why, just accept it and trust that we must do it to be in the county's good graces. They wanted us to close Rim Job and Dave's Ditch, but I convinced them that unless they fenced the area off (which I know they don't want to do) that riders, runners and hikers would not allow that. I said the unique features in this section were some of the most highly regarded in the area and people would continue to break through and clear the path. I explained that the ditch is the most unique trail in central Texas and it provides users with a true "escape" from the typical trail in the area. Long story short - we get to keep Rim Job and Dave's Ditch.

Enjoy it while you can - this weekend we will start to reclaim and block the trail - RESPECT THAT!

Long term the out look is, OK. However, the desire is no new trails are to be built, I feel that is negotiable. Wilco knows that the trails for a need and they get thanks for the trails quite often and get very few complaints.


Please pass this along!

1 comment:

  1. this was a section I had not ridden b4 at BC until this past Sat, but I sure did like it..

    ReplyDelete